The Application can be saved to your computer and the fields can then by typed with the exception of the signature box.
Completing your application at home will help to save time during the enrollment procedure.
If you have read and agree to abide by the CDODC Conditions Of Membership & Rules, click here to download the Membership Application.
Fees CANNOT be transferred or monies refunded. Memberships are NOT transferable.
- Photo ID and proof of current address are required before any new application can be accepted.
Acceptable Photo ID Documents: Australian Drivers Licence or Learners Permit, Australian Shooters Licence, Australian or Overseas Passport (in English only), Australian Police Force Officer or Australian Defence Force Photo Identity Card, Consular Photo ID, Security/Crowd Control Licence, Australian Photo ID Card such as “Keypass” or similar, Australian Government Photo ID such as Working With Children Permit, Department of Justice and Proof of Age Card.
Acceptable Proof of Address (no older than 6 months): Utility Statement/Receipt, Phone Account/Statement, Bank Statement, Rates Notice, Council Animal Registration Notice or National Police Record Check.
- Membership and training fees are paid annually. The joining fee is a once only fee, provided membership is continuous.
- Membership expires on 31st March each year. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure they lodge their renewal before expiry, as CDODC does not send out reminders.
- CDODC members must:
a. Endeavour to train their dogs in a positive manner.
b. Refrain from physical abuse of any dog under their care.
c. Be responsible for any damage caused by their dog.
d. Abide by Victorian Canine Association Inc Social Media Code of Conduct
e. Be polite and well mannered.
f. Refrain from verbal and/or physical abuse of other members.
g. Park legally, not inconveniencing others.
h. Refrain from damaging Club property.
- Children must be supervised at all times at Club.
- All persons enter the Club grounds and/or participate in Club activities at their own risk.
- The Committee will not accept any responsibility for any accident, loss or damage to any person or property.
- Dogs considered by CDODC as unsuitable for our training structure, will NOT be permitted to participate in any CDODC activity.
- Dogs and puppies must have a current full vaccination to attend the Club, with the exception of puppies attending Puppy Pre-School, in which case the first vaccination is required.
- Correct Membership cards must be worn at all times whilst training at the Club and you must ensure that your membership card is not misused.
- Members must notify CDODC of change of address details, including address, phone number and email address as set out in Items 19 (1) (ii) and (iv) of the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012.
- Only one handler per dog is to attend class at any one time (with the exception of Puppy Pre-School, Puppy classes and child handlers).
- Smoking is not permitted inside the clubhouse or whilst attending class.
- Mobile phones should be switched off in class except for those of an emergency worker.
- Members must clean up after their dog at all times. This includes on and around the grounds, in the car park and surrounding streets. Bins and plastic bags are provided on the grounds for this purpose.
- Dogs wearing a yellow bandana must be given plenty of space and not be approached by dogs or people without the owner’s express permission.
- Adults and children should not touch any dog without the permission of the owner.
- The playground is out of bounds for all dogs at all times.
- Dogs are not to be tied up on verandah posts, or near the doors into the clubhouse or kiosk.
- Dogs must be ‘on lead’ between 9.15am and 12.15 pm on the grounds unless directed by your Instructor during a class exercise.
- Bitches in season are not permitted on or near the grounds.
- You are expected to be in class by the starting time. If you are delayed, please wait until a break occurs in the class, apologise and ask to join in.
Breaches of the Conditions of Membership may result in suspension or cancellation of CDODC membership.
The following rules apply to child handlers;
Children between the ages of 10 and 18 may only train a dog-
- After completing an assessment to determine the suitability of the size and temperament of the dog in relation to the size and age of the child. The assessment will be conducted by a panel of 2 CDODC officers whose decision is final.
- A Parent/Guardian or Supervising Adult must also be a club member and attend class at all times with the child.
- A Parent/Guardian or Supervising Adult must sign a Parental Agreement Form.
On becoming a Member of the Croydon & District Obedience Dog Club Inc. (CDODC), you accept responsibilities required by law for use of the Club operating on Council owned property.
You must agree to the Rules on applying for membership. Follow this link to read the Rules